German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

I just thought I'd pop in and introduce myself.

I have always been a dog enthusiast, but the German Shepherd breed has always been my favorite, as my dad had a beautiful female named Bobby that was a working dog on his farm.

I have not had a German Shepherd of my own, but I have had experience with a wide range of dogs, from border collies to dobermans.

I am currently researching and poking around for a German Shepherd of my own. However, I don't plan on getting said dog for another few months, as I want to be fully prepared, so for now I am here to learn. :)

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
What are you looking for in a dog? What do you want to do with your dog? And, what type of dog are you looking for?

Welcome from another MN GSD owner.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!

As for Elaine's questions, I am looking for a loyal dog with confidence, intelligence, and the desire to learn.

I would love to get involved in obedience trials (although I am open to possibilites, depending on the personality and background of the dog), and possibly give my future dog tasks to do at home, as my previous dog was a border collie that of course was happy to be given something to do. Basically, I want an interactive dog, rather than a couch potato, if that makes sense. :)

I hope that helped answer your questions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts