German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I adopted a German Shepherd mix (??) about 11 months ago. He was around 9 or 10 months old at the time. He came from a rescue situation, I don't think his rescuers were very nice to him.

He's my baby, my pride and joy, and he's absolutely gorgeous! I have no clue what he's mixed with, but I'm getting him DNA tested soon!

More details about him and his rescue and how I got him will be on the rescue forum as that's where it should be, I believe.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,810 Posts
I have no clue if the rescuers were nice to him or not. These types of dogs don't do well in a stranger's kennel day in and day out. Our local humane society has a GSD mix and one of the gals said, "he hates going back in the kennel". No doubt!

You guy is adorable. I was happy with the results from Embark. And they share information researchers like Darwin's Dogs and your local vet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have no clue if the rescuers were nice to him or not. These types of dogs don't do well in a stranger's kennel day in and day out. Our local humane society has a GSD mix and one of the gals said, "he hates going back in the kennel". No doubt!

You guy is adorable. I was happy with the results from Embark. And they share information researchers like Darwin's Dogs and your local vet.
He was rescued by a lady, who said she was a dog trainer. She fought animal control for him and took him out from under the local Shepherd rescues. Her dog was kind of a bully, and she said she had to make him live outside until they moved "for his safety". Then when they moved into her apartment, he started all these poor behaviors that are typical of a scared, abused dog.

I'm very excited for his DNA results because it's been a 50/50 split, if he's pure or not. And then no one agrees on his mix, if he's mixed. I've heard lab, rottie, border collie, and golden retriever haha

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He is gorgeous! Looks like a LOT of GSD in there. What is he like, temperament wise?
He's working through some shy behaviors now with his trainer, but that's typical rescue dog behaviors she said. Being uncertain in new situations and such.

But under all of that, he's very smart, quirky, and very loyal. He's super in tune to my emotions, I woke up sick and he was laying right next to me. He goes into the bathroom with me, tries to get into the shower with me, and eats his meals when I eat.

He grew attached to my boyfriend quickly, once he saw me around him. It still took a bit, because of his untrusting nature of strangers, but now I wake up to my boyfriend spooning Camo.

He is very, very smart. I cannot say that enough. He opens everything, like food containers, to eat his kibble and treats.

He only likes four or five things as treats, and two brands of dog food. He also prefers wet food. He moos at me constantly if I "ignore" him. And he has no interest in toys.

He's a strange boy..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts