German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I'm knew on here! Obviously.. I recently picked up my first German Shepherd with my fiance! (It's his 2nd!)

My name is Kerri and my Fiance's name is Justin.

I had already been reading up on here a few weeks before I picked him up.

On to the the puppy!
His name is Sargent Hunt aka Sarge :]
He is now 8 weeks old!!

I got him when he was 6 weeks old from a breeder up in Staunton Virginia, about an hour from where I live. I had made a down payment on him about 4 months before he was even born! I had emailed the breeder every other week for about 4 months until he they were born, then she would send me pictures of all the puppies every other week as they grew. Well unfortunately she sent me an email saying while at the vet one of the pups had a slight heart murmur but that it shouldn't be a huge issue. He was the biggest of the litter and the most playful and love-able. Well he was the one that came to us and the one we took home. He is doing great and will be going to the vet next weekend for is 2nd round of shots and to get an echo-cardiogram to see how his little heart is.

He is already becoming a great dog but still is having the puppy issues of course haha.

Since I'm still learning my way around here and about GSD's, it would be much appreciated for tips on training/issues/heath or where I can find important info on them!!

Now for some pictures:

Sarge at 6 weeks.

Sarge and I:

Now at 8 weeks, and his ears are up!! :]

I'll keep this thread updated with info on how he is doing and his growth! :]

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!! Sarge is a good looking boy!! Congrats.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
welcome! he's a cutie!!! FYI, i've heard of pups who had murmers when they were younger and when they were checked again a few weeks later to a year later, the murmer was gone so its possibility! cant wait to see more pictures! he's just adorable.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
OMG he is so cute!

Welcome to the forum you will learn a ton!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
He's adorable... get ready for an awesome ride... Things you will need, patience, crate, patience, lots of praise, patience and did I forget to mention patience. Give him lots of love and he will give back so much more...

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
welcome and he is one stinken cute puppy!!!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Ahhhhhh he's a cutie for sure! My lil girl had a heart murmur up until she was 4 months old but it went away so I would just have the vet keep an eye on it. Congrats on your new pup.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Welcome!! Sarge is a DOLL!!! Cant wait to see more pics as he grows up! Be prepared for the 'crazy ear stage', those ears might not stay up. ;)
I agree with the others, my aussie had a heart murmur when he was a puppy, and he grew out of it as well. Hang in there, and let him be a puppy. :)

And definitely more pics!!! :wub:

·
Registered
907 Posts
:welcome: Good looking pup!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Wow - he's very cute! Hope everything is fine in the cardiology department. Enjoy your new baby!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the comments everyone! He's a sweetheart but sometimes a PIA but we still love him very much lol! I'll def keep everyone posted about the Vet Check Up next week!

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Welcome to both you and Sarge! :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey everyone! Sarge and the fam are doing good!

Found out that when he went to the vet he has an umbilical hernial. Kinda freaked me out a little but the doc assured me with "pushing it back inside him" that it would heal on its own and if not they can sew it up when he gets fixed.

Other than that he is completely heathy.
He goes back in a couple more weeks for some more shots!

He's started barking now! =P

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Glad to hear that Sarge is doing ok! :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts