German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone! I thought I'd introduce myself and my new companion, Arco.

First, about me.
I'm twenty two, a full time animal cruelty investigator and work part time on the side. I'm married and have a total of eight dogs (Dane, two Bull breeds, Chow mix, Boxer mix, Chihuahua, Lab mix, and now the Shepherd) three cats, two kittens, a ferret, rabbit, pot belly pig, ball python, and boa constrictor. Its a full house, but I wouldn't trade my life for all the money in the world. Most of the animals are up for adoption through our rescue, but they're mine until that home is found.

Arco came to me three days ago after the chief of police, who works with our rescue and trains GSDs for police work, took him in. He was bought from a breeder and used as a personal protection dog. He was trained terribly, hung by a prong collar until he listened. He bit someone due to his handler not paying attention at one point. She panicked and was going to have him euthed. Our officer stepped in and I agreed to house him until a place was found for him. Well, within the first minute of meeting this boy I fell in love. He's not going anywhere. I've never felt such a strong and immediate connection to a dog in my life.
He's such a fabulous two year old boy. Knows German commands, is already bonded quite strongly to me, and is a spectacular dog all around. I'd like to do something with him, but not sure what yet.
Also, I feel like I should contact the breeder and let them know that he's safe. And also so I can get his AKC papers. My husband, however, is concerned that they'll want him back. In the contract that his previous owner sent, it just says that should he be sold, the contract is void. Not that they'd take him back. So, opinions on that?

Anyway, without further rambling, I give you Arco Von HaMund Haus.
When I first picked him up. Muzzled due to being "unpredictable."

And today, my copilot in life.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
welcome :)

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Welcome to the forum! First of all, thank you for the work you do to help animals in need!
It sounds like you and this GSD were meant to be. I hope it all works out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts