German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I just adopted a GSD mix? from my local humane society.

Please welcome Walter, named after Walter Chrysler. My fiance is a Mopar man. ;)

I am mainly familiar with Great Danes, this is my first foray into the GSD world. Walter is 4 months, I plan to start him out with Fromm, the shelter was feeding him Purina Puppy Chow. :sick: Eventually we'll probably switch over to raw.

I've been poking around the food forums, it's nice to see that no matter what the breed, owners are still passionate about their food choices! :rolleyes:

It's great to meet you all, any suggestions you have for me to start this sweet boy off on the right foot is much appreciated.

-Ericka

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
congrats on the new puppy

·
Registered
626 Posts
Welcome aboard Ericka ! Congrats on Walter and thank you for his rescue ! Have fun and browse around ... :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Welcome Ericka and Walter!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Welcome! He's a cutie. I use to have danes years ago. I love the breed but they don't live long enough. After danes I went to English Mastiffs and got into the confirmation world. They too don't live long enough. I've always had one gsd with my other breeds but now it's all gsd's. A great breed!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Greetings...from a fellow denizen of the once great
State of Illinois...where our governors make our license plates.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Hello from Northern Illinois!

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Welcome, also from IL. He is a cutie pie!

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
How cute! What's he mixed with? from that picture he looks all gsd
Hi Stosh,

I really don't know, he and his litter mates were brought up from Southern IL, the shelter didn't have much information on him. They thought mixed with Newfie, but if anything, he looks part Leonberger to me. It doesn't really matter though, I love him just the same. :wub:

Here's another pic, any thoughts on what else is in there??

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome! He's a cutie. I use to have danes years ago. I love the breed but they don't live long enough. After danes I went to English Mastiffs and got into the confirmation world. They too don't live long enough. I've always had one gsd with my other breeds but now it's all gsd's. A great breed!
I agree AlphaMom, having lost two in the last 10 months. My heart is absolutely broken. :(

Here is a picture of my handsome boys, Java (fawn) and Mickey.

I don't know if I will love another breed like I do Danes, and I plan on getting another as my next dog. But I have PLENTY of love in my heart for ALL dogs, and I am proud to give my rescue babies a good home.

This is my boxer mix Dolce, I adopted her this February after I lost Mickey:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts