German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have just welcomed our first GSD to the family in May. Her name is Missy and she is already the joy of our lives. The kids are grown and have moved away so we got a puppy.

I had forgotten how much work it was raising a puppy but the first few sleepless nights brought it all back. She is a bundle of energy and I must say that try as we may, wearing her out is difficult. So...we shall get another and let them wear each other out.

The breeder that we got Missy from, has another litter now that will be ready to go in August. We are going to get a Mister for our Missy.

I am looking forward to reading more on the forums and getting insight to what we may encounter while raising our GSDs. Missy has already been to "puppy kindergarten" and learned all of the primary commands such as: sit, stay, come (that one she has a little trouble with because she is hard headed), down, and stand. We have also done a few tricks such as roll over, shake, and bang (play dead). She is so smart and we love her to bits.

Here she is...meet Missy

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I love the face close up picture! Remember one thing when you have 2 puppies is three times the work - 1 work with one dog, 2 work with the other dog, 3 work with them together. Enjoy - I envy you getting two puppies - three times the work but twice as fun!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I must apologize, the picture is too large per the rules for posting. I don't know how to change it or remove it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the kind words on my picture. I know I am probably nuts for getting a second pup, but I am sure I will love being a GSD Mom to two of them.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Love the big close up. How sweet.

Welcome to the board and good luck with your pups!!!!!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Welcome, from a fellow Illinois resident! Your girl is adorable, good luck with your puppies!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts