German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new member to this site, but have been reading various posts almost daily and find it very informative. I will be picking up my new puppy Axel a week from Friday, it's been a long wait and am really excited to bring him home.

I am looking for recommendations for good trainers either in the Colorado Springs area or in the South Denver/Parker/Larkspur area. I know that this breed requires lots of exercise and training and it's important to me to have a well rounded dog.

Any information would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Welcome from Boulder!
I can't make any trainer recommendations since I'm further up north from you, but just wanted to say good luck with Axel!

You might want to look into some of the clubs near Denver, I think one of them is High Plains? Here is a link to some of the Regional Schutzhund clubs:
United Schutzhund Clubs of America - Club List

I think if you called someone might be able to point you in the right direction. Good luck with your puppy :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi, welcome from Longmont even further north =) I use Two Bears Training. They are based out of Erie but I know they also go to Denver. They are really great. It would be worth checking them out and if they can't help you I'm sure they know someone who could. Best of luck!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
624 Posts
In rural Colorado, exercise for a dog isn't short supply even in the smallest mountain towns.

I can't think of a more perfect place to live with a German Shepherd than in this state.

Welcome to the GS Forums!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts