German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Norman.

I acquired a black GSD named Cubby.

The moment I brought her home, she ran off with the leash and I could not catch up with her.

Since I live in a small town, the odds are good she will be found. The city, county and state police have been informed she went missing and I have also informed the animal shelter in case she should turn up there.

Her photo can be found in my avatar. She is an AKC purebred born in January 2010 - so she is three years old.

Should I get her back, I'll to make a note to get her fixed. A flighty dog causes stress, wear and tear on a new owner. :(

I'm happy to be a part of the German Shepherd Dog Forums.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
I would also post fliers around offering a reward, sometimes that will inspire people to be on the lookout.

When did you lose her? And maybe go to the LOST & Found forum to post this as well as the general area you lost her in. We have members here from CO .

Hope you find her

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would also post fliers around offering a reward, sometimes that will inspire people to be on the lookout.

When did you lose her? And maybe go to the LOST & Found forum to post this as well as the general area you lost her in. We have members here from CO .

Hope you find her
I notified the local police and state patrol - they'll be on the lookout. I took Cubby out of my car and before I could take her leash she bolted and ran too fast for me to catch up. It was at my apartment and I couldn't believe it. She didn't sit and stay! Any one in the Salida-Poncha Springs-Buena Vista area can contact me through IM if they find her.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have every reason to be happy!

I've been reunited with Cubby and in time her inclination to run will be curbed.

Safer for her and better for me! :)

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
glad you got her !!! of course we insist on pictures of the little runaway:)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
glad you got her !!! of course we insist on pictures of the little runaway:)

Thanks - does any one know if its normal for a GSD in a new home not to eat and to keep to itself? Cubby will take the vitamin supplement I give her but she won't leave my living space to eat food, drink water, go potty outside or to take walks. She's sweet and reserved.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
how old is she? Maybe she's still settling in?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how old is she? Maybe she's still settling in?
She's 3 years old. A sweet dog with soulful brown eyes. She's like an overgrown kid. All she seems to want to do in her new home is just rest and she's been doing nothing but resting the past two days. My two cats are curious about her but have given her her space and she hasn't gone after them so that is a good sign.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This morning Cubby finally ate and drank after not touching food and water for over a day.

I think she needed to settle in and she looks pretty good. The Canidae dog food seems to agree with her. She's just a big, beautiful and happy dog and I hope she is like that for many years. :)

All that's needed now is to get her fixed. :wub:

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
sounds good!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Good news :)

Welcome!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts