German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. My bf and I will be getting our first GSD puppy together on Saturday (6/29), I have never had my own puppy and I am NERVOUS! The bf has experience with dogs and they all seem to love him. I have been researching on this site for just about everything.

Any advice you have to give is appreciated!

·
Registered
576 Posts
My advice...take your time when you pick out your pup...find a breeder whose in for the love, not the silver.

And welcome aboard !

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
:welcome: Can't wait to see pictures :)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Welcome I'm also from Cincinnati. We enrolled our pup at the Queen City Dog Training Club they have Puppy Kindergarten and then a series of Obedience training and Agility training as well. They let the dogs socialize some in the puppy classes and I think on Tuesdays they have a pupply play days where you can bring your puppies in to socialize. I know they expect at least a certain level of shots but I think it was worth doing. It is one thing to train a dog and another to have them trained with dogs everywhere to distract them.

Best of luck with the pup mine graduates Puppy Kindergarten tomorrow!

·
Registered
710 Posts
I am in Cincinnati, and also a member of the Queen City Dog Training club. Queen City Dog Training Club There is also a GSD trainer a little bit east of Milford, where I train for competition. It's worth the 30 minute drive for me. Blue Ribbon Dog Training Academy They are also the German Shepherd Dog Club of Greater Cincinnati. They also train for 4H and anything else you want. The Schutzhund club also trains there.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Welcome From Xenia ( outside Dayton). What breeding are you going with and what are you looking to get out of this new pup?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome I'm also from Cincinnati. We enrolled our pup at the Queen City Dog Training Club they have Puppy Kindergarten and then a series of Obedience training and Agility training as well. They let the dogs socialize some in the puppy classes and I think on Tuesdays they have a pupply play days where you can bring your puppies in to socialize. I know they expect at least a certain level of shots but I think it was worth doing. It is one thing to train a dog and another to have them trained with dogs everywhere to distract them.

Best of luck with the pup mine graduates Puppy Kindergarten tomorrow!
We have heard a lot about Queen City Training. We will definitely be looking into them. Everything I've read has put importance on socializing them so we are really focused it.

Congrats on your graduate!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am in Cincinnati, and also a member of the Queen City Dog Training club. Queen City Dog Training Club There is also a GSD trainer a little bit east of Milford, where I train for competition. It's worth the 30 minute drive for me. Blue Ribbon Dog Training Academy They are also the German Shepherd Dog Club of Greater Cincinnati. They also train for 4H and anything else you want. The Schutzhund club also trains there.
Thank you! We needed places to look into.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hello and Welcome from another one from Cincinnati! I have worked with Underdog K-9 Academy for both of my WGSD. She does everything from puppy classes/training to agility. Good Luck and I'll look forward to your pictures!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts