German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone! I am very happy to find a nice forum to join now that I'm to-be a new GSD mom.

I am in the process of adopting a 6 month old female GSD and if everything goes as planned and I do get her (which will be on Friday), I'm going to have my work cut out for me! Lol.

She is a very sweet girl but very, VERY playful and has had NO obedience training yet. Although her current owners are very nice and care a lot about her, they let her get away with whatever she wants. Example: SHE walked THEM to meet me. The leash might has well have been on them instead of her. She is allowed to jump and be "mouthy" when she does jump. That is going to end ASAP. She has been kept outside for the past few months so she will have to be transitioned into being an indoor girl. That's going to be a fun one.

However, even though she needs a LOT of work, she is so worth it. She is a beautiful black, sweet girl that has a lot of love to give and just doesn't know any better when it comes to her bad habits. With a little TLC, she'll be a great addition to our family and we are SO EXCITED! Pictures to come :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately, when my husband and I went get her today, she was in the process of being handed over to another family. I don't think I've ever been this hurt. To make it even worse, she was going to the most white trash looking bunch. I mean..the missing teeth, dirty hair that looked like it hadn't been washed in days, holes in clothes, car with trash piled up on the floor on the inside. The lady said she already has 4 other dogs, and a bunch of other animals.

I mean....I guess they could be nice people on the inside. But I just can't help but think we would have been the better family for her. She would have been our own baby, and we are a nice family that is well with finances and can afford her vet bills. My husband is in the military, I'm in EMS.

I'll get over it eventually but it just really hit hard.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess all things happen for a reason. Today, my husband and I picked up our new baby. She is a 12 week old mostly back GSD. She will NOT leave my side, so I guess she likes me, haha. I love her to death. Her name is Juno.

ImageUploadedByPG Free1373672039.410091.jpg

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
:greet: Welcome from Central Florida!!!

Was so sorry to read about that first pup ... too bad, hopefully they'll give her a good home despite their appearances!!!

And CONGRATS on your new pup, she's BEAUTIFUL!!! :wub:

I love her name, I used to have a canary named Juno!!!

·
Registered
9,940 Posts
Cute! Congratulations and welcome! We should really get together, all of us, sometime...

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Looks like a beautiful girl. Sorry about the first pup but things happen for a reason - this beautiful girl was waiting for you and didn't know yet! Keep coming back and posting more pictures as she grows up. You can never take enough pictures when they are young - they grow so fast.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She is a beautiful girl!! My husband is jealous that she is already so attached to me. So far she has done great with not messing in her crate and in the house! She is such a sweet girl, too.
We DEFINITELY need a GSD meet up here in central Florida. They have one for huskies. I would love to get Juno together with other shepherds. Where is everyone located?

ImageUploadedByPG Free1373763453.702457.jpg
ImageUploadedByPG Free1373763485.009361.jpg
ImageUploadedByPG Free1373763513.131661.jpg

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I''m in love with the ears. They remind me of Pyrate when he was young,

·
Registered
629 Posts
She is beautiful! Love the all paws and ear stage! Will be moving down to that area soon ;P -can't wait!

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Pyrate is beautiful! I love the big ears on them!

Thank you. He did eventually grow into those ears and feet at 110 pounds. I lost him last summer at nine years old but he was my heart dog and he will never leave his spot in my heart. I hope we get a chance to meet up sometime when you move.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
LOVE THOSE EARS :wub:

:) My boy Bruiser is also a member of the Big Ear Club!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts