German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, My name is Tyler, and I just got a new 8 week old GSD named Atticus. She's Black and Tan, and adorable.

She's only been home two days now ... and we haven't taken our eyes off of her yet. She's potty training really quick. She's gone to the bathroom outside almost 20 times and inside on the floor only 3 times.

She was a bit of a handful the first day with all the whining, and she goes crazy when she's crated.

On the first night when we put her to bed, it was like she was being killed ... based on the noises coming out of her ... a lot louder than she looks.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and little Atticus

I've been lurking here for about two months just reading up on the breed ... but now that I have my girl at home with me, its time to join up and start the fun. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

--Tyler ( & Atticus)

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Welcome! She's so cute and I love her name. I always put the crate right next to my bed for 3-4 wks and never heard a peep out of them- except when they had to go out to potty. You might try having her sleep next to you until she's settled in and she know the crate is her 'room'.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Congrats and welcome from another Canadian! ;)

Where about's are you located (general area)? I'm in SW Ontario, Waterloo area.

Adorable pup, now the fun begins!

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Welcome Tyler and Atticus! :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's a few photos of her second day at home!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We're in Thompson, Manitoba.

The amazing part is that she's gone outside to eliminate as often as she has. This morning it was -44 degrees celsius, which is the equivalent of about -48F

I think its harder on me than it is on her to go out in those temperatures.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I planned on naming my first dog Atticus for a very long time, I always just expected him to be a boy lol. But I saw the litter, and she picked me ... great temperment and energy ... I didn't want to get hung up on the sex, I just wanted the right dog ... and now I know I have her!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Sounds like she is fitting in nicely!

I was going to recommend a few clubs/classes if you were close, but maybe another member in that neck of the woods can help out! ;)

She's definietly adorable!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Welcome, she is a pretty baby. I LOVE that 3rd pic. I got a gsd from a breeder in Manitoba a number of years ago. Who is she out of?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Welcome from another Ontario resident! :wub::wub::wub: Atticus!

The amazing part is that she's gone outside to eliminate as often as she has. This morning it was -44 degrees celsius, which is the equivalent of about -48F
If she can handle that at 8 weeks, she is a tough little cookie!

·
Registered
485 Posts
:welcome: from Calgary! Your pup is beautiful! My two love the cold and are more than happy to hang out at -40...me not so much! I commend your bravery for getting a puppy at this time of year :brrrwinter: The crating will get better, so stick with it! Lots of thread on here with tips for helping puppies learn to love their crates. Can't wait for more pictures.

·
Registered
69 Posts

Thanks for the warm welcome. I planned on naming my first dog Atticus for a very long time, I always just expected him to be a boy lol. But I saw the litter, and she picked me ... great temperment and energy ... I didn't want to get hung up on the sex, I just wanted the right dog ... and now I know I have her!
Welcome to you and Atticus...love the name...reminds me of my all time favorite movie To kill a mocking bird....I always wanted to get a brother and sister GSD and name them Scout and Jem from the movie.
Anyway she is a cutie!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome, she is a pretty baby. I LOVE that 3rd pic. I got a gsd from a breeder in Manitoba a number of years ago. Who is she out of?
I got her from Prairiesides in Portage La Prairie. Her mom and Dad are both Canadian Champions ... and she seems like a really smart cookie!

·
Registered
800 Posts

Crap! That's 'surface of the moon' cold!:eek: I've always wanted to go deer hunting there but you may have just changed my mind. Your Atticus is a pretty girl btw. Welcome!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Crap! That's 'surface of the moon' cold!:eek: I've always wanted to go deer hunting there but you may have just changed my mind. Your Atticus is a pretty girl btw. Welcome!
Deer season is when its much warmer. There wasn't even snow this white tail hunting season. And it would be worth it, the wild meat from up here is unbelievable.

And you're almost guaranteed to be successful, I don't think I know anyone who hasn't gotten their deer in the last few years. Moose is a little more hit and miss ... but deer is all but guaranteed.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Hi and welcome.

Your puppy is so cute and love her name!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts