German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to say hello and thank you for the awesome forum! I have gained so much knowledge on GSDs which was very helpful in selecting a breeder and my puppy ( I researched for a year).

My little guy is named Sirius and I am just having so much fun with him..I requested from the breeder a mellow puppy that would be calm around my Chihuahuas..After training Sirius several standard tricks (sit/stay/plautz/high five/ring the bell to go out..and house trained ) within a week I realized I needed more in training than my basic training.

The trainer I hooked up with assessed Sirius and advised that he actually has a high drive and was very food and toy motivated (so much for my mellow puppy!). I expressed that I would like to train for Schutzhund but she advised that we can wait a little bit for that...But we have been working on the basics--heeling, focus, etc.

Hopefully, I can post these pictures correctly..The first is when he first came home (so little!)..the second picture is at 3 months and the third is at 4 months (thank goodness for the focus command).

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Hi and welcome from another Californian!

He is a cutie!

·
Registered
907 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Welcome! Sirius is a handsome boy! Great focus in the last pic.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Hello and Welcome to you and Sirius! :greet:

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
aww he's so cute!!!! welcome from another californian

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey California..! That's a great looking Pup..! Man I miss California weather especially right about now..!!

Thanks Achilles! I don't blame you regarding the weather..but at least your just a hop over the line to get back to CA to warm up :)

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Did you name him Sirius after Sirius Black in Harry Potter? :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Did you name him Sirius after Sirius Black in Harry Potter? :)

OMG, great catch! The name is actually a play on words..My Sirius was named after the Sirius star (dog star) and after the other star, Orion (who happens to be Sirius Black's godfather)..Since the word represented two different meanings [for me] I figured I obtained the best of both worlds.

I'm impressed you caught that one!:thumbup:

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
OMG, great catch! The name is actually a play on words..My Sirius was named after the Sirius star (dog star) and after the other star, Orion (who happens to be Sirius Black's godfather)..Since the word represented two different meanings [for me] I figured I obtained the best of both worlds.

I'm impressed you caught that one!:thumbup:
I am a HUGE Harry Potter geek. :D

When I told my mom I was naming my GSD Sinister, she was like "Oh, Sinister Black from Harry Potter?" :rolleyes: No, mom. But I did think it was funny so Sinister's registered name is Sinister Black. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts