German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was using google when I stumbled upon germanshepherds.com and what a ton of information.

My husband and I are looking into getting a GSD to add to our family (the two of us and a Golden Retriever) as a family companion and maybe learning more about Schutzhund as there is a club nearby.

We're from Calgary, AB and with the economic boom we are concerned about the rising crime in the city and are looking for a deterrent as well since I frequently walk in the dark during the winter months. I am looking towards a working line GSD as my husband and I are quite athletic and we put a lot of time into our current dog with daily exercise (3mi/5km at least). I do have concerns about temperament and health and would be glad to hear any advice that can be offered. My Golden Retriever has become dog aggressive around strange dogs his size because he's been charged at and attacked by off leash dogs on the streets during our leashed walks. I am looking for a GSD that is stable and sound.

I have done some searching and gotten some referrals and we are willing to travel or ship to get a puppy as well. Are breeder recommendations and referrals restricted to PMs or can they be in a public post? I just want to double check before making a post in the Breeder section.

Thanks,
Christine

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
to the board. you have come to the right place.

Originally Posted By: tintallieAre breeder recommendations and referrals restricted to PMs or can they be in a public post? I just want to double check before making a post in the Breeder section.

Thanks,
Christine
they can be posted in a public post. there is actually a thread that is just for finding the right breeder: http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=12&page=1

alot of people on here would be more than willing to help you find a good, repetual (sp?) breeder for you to get you pup from.

Good luck in finding a GSD pup, please post pics of your new addition when the time comes.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome
I'm trying to wade through all the information I am learning and things are well....clear as mud still!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts