German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Forum.
I'm Andrea. Today I got my first German Shepherd. She is a 7 month old puppy the guy who I got her from said she will be Sable. I have been reading up until I got one. Yesterday I was looking around the internet and found a guy who listed a German Shepherd with out a price. I decided to call him and ask how much he was willing to take for his dog. He told me and to you all this may sound ridiculous but 3 bags of 42-55lb of dog food, any brand. With an amazing dog such like her i had to meet her. I met her yesterday and she became attached to me right away. She listened to my commands and is already protective over me. I picked her up today and can't wait to create memories with her.
Wish me luck on my journey!

That's my baby, her name is Mara.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
awe, she's cute. She has the coloring of my puppy. :)

·
Premium Member
11,248 Posts
Lucky puppy! If the guy was willing to trade her for dog food - I can only imagine!!! But she does not look starved....I would feed her a good quality food tho!

And she is a black and tan, possibly bi-color ....not a sable....

again, lucky pup!!!!

Lee

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lucky puppy! If the guy was willing to trade her for dog food - I can only imagine!!! But she does not look starved....I would feed her a good quality food tho!

And she is a black and tan, possibly bi-color ....not a sable....

again, lucky pup!!!!

Lee
The owner's dad fed her since he was always working. She was given goat milk and goat cheese a lot. They just took her to the vet on monday she is as healthy as an ox
his words not mine lol. Thanks though today I am getting her pedigree or actually going to look for some good food because the other dogs we have eat kibbles and bits.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Welcome from Orange County. Take her to your vet ASAP. I am glad you saved her, but such a beautiful dog for 3 bags of food, makes me think maybe the vet told him the opposite of what he told you. Good luck with her.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
32,339 Posts
Thanks though today I am getting her pedigree or actually going to look for some good food because the other dogs we have eat kibbles and bits.
Why don't you switch all your dogs over to a better food? The cheaper brands often have lower calories and a bunch of fillers, so even though the better brands are more expensive you end up feeding less, which helps defray some of the increased cost. Also - less poop to pick up!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why don't you switch all your dogs over to a better food? The cheaper brands often have lower calories and a bunch of fillers, so even though the better brands are more expensive you end up feeding less, which helps defray some of the increased cost. Also - less poop to pick up!
I think I will just all of the dogs the same brand. Thanks.

·
Registered
744 Posts
The owner's dad fed her since he was always working. She was given goat milk and goat cheese a lot. They just took her to the vet on monday she is as healthy as an ox
his words not mine lol. Thanks though today I am getting her pedigree or actually going to look for some good food because the other dogs we have eat kibbles and bits.
Goat milk and cheese? I think I might know him r u from sac?

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Welcome, you got yourself a very pretty girl. Thanks for sharing her with us. :greet:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just an update. When I got her they been calling her Ciara, we were gonna change her name to Mara but she doesn't answer to it. The guy had told me he called her Ciara for last day or so, well she answers to it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts