German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. First time forum user. We got our first ??Full breed German Shepherd?? From what I call a "Backyard Breeder". I know the risks with them low life people trying to make a living off the pups and parents. But we have wanted a german Shepherd for so long now and in AZ the lowest price for a AKC is at least $1,500. And that is just the lowest price I found off the breeders web sites.

I know how the backyard breeders treat the dogs and pups. I know there may have been inbreeding involved. But with all the dogs in pounds and shelters. And the summer right around the corner. We saw paying $300 to them Backyard Breeders our way of saving the pups. Its not the pups fault. And at this time there were not any full german shepherds.

I will post a picture of the pup once I get it off our camera. I do have a picture of the mom and dad. though... Ive never seen a german shepherd with dads coat or coloring. Is that normal?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh I forgot. The puppy is a boy and was told on the 9th he would be 7 weeks old, and he had his first 3 shots last week (the guy said).

I will get pictures of the puppy tonight or tomorrow. We watched the puppy as he ate the dry dogfood with warm water added and tonight the poor little guy is whimpering and crying and howling a lot. Poor little guy. Yes we will be fixed months from now. And my wife would like a girlfriend for him who will be fixed as well. But one pup at a time. We feel so bad for him being away from his litter tonight. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome! I'm also in Scottsdale. Good luck with your new baby

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome to the pack fellow Arizonian! I'm on South Mountain. It can be distressing listening to your new baby's whine, especially cause you feel bad for him, but he'll get past it. He's used to his litter mates being around, but rest assured that in a short amount of time, he will come to know you as his family. Hope your shopping list included a cozy kennel with a safe blanket so he may feel like he's in a den. Congradulations on your new pup!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts