German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I am new to German Shepherd ownership. I recently adopted a 4 (maybe 5?) year old all black (lacquer black?) German Shepherd. We adopted him from an in-home rescue in our area. He's so laid back and gentle. He never knocks our kids over (they are 2 1/2 and a 4 1/2 years old), when he jumps up to "hug" me, he's very gentle and never puts all his weight on me. When I went over to pick out a dog, I sat on the floor, and she went to go get all the dogs from the back yard, and Beau came around the corner. He stood there and took a long look at me, came over, laid across my lap, heaved a big sigh, and looked up into my eyes. I was hooked. All the dogs came scampering in, and as soon as they got close, he bared his teeth at them and growled. She was shocked, because he'd never done that before. Ever. Not with anyone. Then he licked my face and snuggled into me. He stopped growling at the other dogs, but wouldn't let them near me. So I decided he must have chosen me and decided to take him home on a trial run. We've officially adopted him, and took him today to be neutered. So far he's gotten along pretty well with our other dog, he lays around most of the time. He LOVES to snuggle, and act like he's a lap dog. All nearly 80 pounds of him. The cats don't like him, but they'll calm down eventually, they took awhile to warm up to our other dog too. He loves to go for our nightly walks, and doesn't try to drag me down the street. We absolutely adore him. Here's our handsome guy:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Just like my beautiful black GSD girl!

Yup, there are all black German Shepherds and they are not as rare as people think.

Beau is a stunningly handsome boy and welcome to the forums! :)

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
Nice story. Handsome dog!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts