German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have been reading all I can here for about a month now since my Wife and I got our new puppy. Neither of us has any experience with GSD's, although both my parents had them when they were growing up. I am not sure if she is purebred or not, if not, she is very close I think. She sure looks and acts like what I have seen and read here. We got her a couple weeks before Christmas when a friend of mine found her alone on the side of the highway between Kenai and Soldotna, during a snowstorm! She took her in and knowing we were looking for a puppy offered her to us. I brought her home to Juneau a couple days later. I estimated her age based on photos of other puppies at 4-5 weeks when we got her, so she is about 9 weeks now, I can't believe how fast she is growing! She is already taller than our five-year-old Lhasa/ Malamute mix. We named her "Lijha" (if any of you are pilots, LIJHA is an approach fix I use often) and she knows "sit", "lay down" "come" and she knows to alert when she needs out. Such a cute girl! Our other "puppy" is Noni.

I am sure I will have lots of questions about training etc soon!

Aaron

·
Registered
728 Posts
Oh my goodness is Lijha cute! And very lucky to be rescued by someone wonderful! Welcome to the forums, and wow, Alaska! I'm dying to visit your beautiful state, last night I was watching "Alaska Dogs" on Animal Planet, the landscape and scenery are just stunning.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Lijha is so cute!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh my goodness is Lijha cute! And very lucky to be rescued by someone wonderful! Welcome to the forums, and wow, Alaska! I'm dying to visit your beautiful state, last night I was watching "Alaska Dogs" on Animal Planet, the landscape and scenery are just stunning.
Thanks, the SAR dog they showed was here in Juneau. We are thinking of enrolling Lijha in the same program when she is old enough and trained...

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Hello and Welcome, very cute puppy! :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Lijha is a beauty. She's so lucky to be in a good home. Best wishes to you.
By the way I've been to your great state three times now. Juneau is one of my favorite places. Cool city.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
one lucky girl and sooooo very cute! Noni is a cutie too! Welcome to the board

1 - 12 of 12 Posts