German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have been visiting and reading this very interesting forum for about a month. Anyways, I have known about German Shepherds for most of the 20 years that I have been alive. In total, three of these magnificient dogs have had an impact on my life. The first GSD that my family was named Bear. My dad had gotten her when he found out my mom was expecting me. Sadly, Bear had many health problems such pancrease failure, I believe, and unfortunately had to be put to sleep due to bone cancer. After Bear's passing, we waited until some months, until we started looking for another GSD from a breeder. The puppy that became a part of our family was a long haired Belgian GSD. Her name was Jenna, and she did not just leave pawprints on my heart, but sweetest memories. She was born on November 26, 2000; however, she came home with my parents and I on December 29, 2000. We had 11 wonderful years with her, but passed away on the 11th anniversary of her coming home with us. Now, we have our third Gsd who has been the complete opposite of our past two. Her name is Gypsy and she is living up to the characteristics of a gypsy.
Sorry for the very long introduction.

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My parents and I live in the DFW area. Also, thank you for welcoming me.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I lived in Terrell and graduated high school in wills point. My mom is in San Antonio.

Edit... Do you have pics of gypsy?
Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do have pictures of Gypsy, but I am unsure of how to post them. Please help me.
Thank you for the welcome aboard, Loneforce.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Here is a pick of Gypsy. She is 1 year old and weighs about 115 lbs. Gypsy is not over weight, the vet actually told us that she belonged to the line of German Shepherds that German soldiers preferred to use during World War II. However, she is a sweetie, even though there are times she tries our patience. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Welcome from Pearland, Texas!!!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for the complement and welcome JackandMattie.
Thank you for the welcome from Lilie, also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts