German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My names kevin. My wife and I have decided we would like to get our first German Shepherd. Our family dog was our first baby and has recently passed away rip “Boo”. We have two young boys ages 4 and 6 and would like to get another family dog for them to grow up with. We are very excited to join the community!

I’ve attached a photo of boo and my older son from a few years back.

Cheers everyone ?

Kevin

Attachments

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Hi Kevin, welcome to the forum! GSDs are awesome dogs, just shop around, see some dogs and talk to people. It really does pay to be picky.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear about your loss of Boo. Best of luck in your search for your first German Shepherd.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Something to keep in mind in your search is that there are several different lines of German Shepherds, each known for their genetic behavioral characteristics. It is very important for you to let any breeders know what you are looking for. The German Shepherd is a great family dog for the right family but they are not the right dog for every family.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the greetings and info everyone. I’m definitely looking for a line that would be more of a pet / family type of GSD. As far as looks go I like the medium to long hair GSD most. I know very little about the lines and probably should be considering some other things but that’s l why I’m here. Could anyone point out some basics or some breeders to start looking into? I’m in Colorado but have no problem looking out of state.

Thanks for the quick and kind responses!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts