German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My family just purchased our first East German Shepherd working line 2 weeks ago, he is 12 weeks old now. We have owned dogs in the past (Cocker Spaniels) and I realize that a German Shepherd is a whole other animal so I look forward to hearing any help that you have to offer. Right now I have him walking well beside me on a leash, he doesn't yet come when we call his name so we're still working on that, He's potty trained sorta, as long as we rush him to the door when he whines he'll make it, otherwise he'll hideout in our other family room that we hardly use and do his business. So we're still working on that. We do have a large crate to put him in while we're not home and he will not use it as a potty but he whines the entire time he's in it.

As for the family it's my wife, and I, 2 children aged 15 and 6.

Thanks,

Mike.

Attachments

·
Registered
16,026 Posts
Congratulations on the pup. Welcome to the board. Your pup is as cute as can be which is true to the standard for puppies.

Sounds like house training is going well - just keep those humans on the alert (and maybe close off the room he'll use when the humans don't move fast enough?)

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mike, and Congratulations on the new puppy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts