German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My name is Melissa, and I brought home my very first GSD pup on June 21st. His name is Dean (As in Winchester lol).
I have a 5 year old English Bulldog names Ella, and 3 cats (One named Castiel lol)
Let me tell you, it is a big difference going from bully breeds (My sister has bull terriers) to a GSD.
I hope to get Dean into Obedience, Rally, hopefully Dock Diving, and AKC conformation (Depending on how he turns out) He is the first dog I have had for dog sports and or show. I have been interested in showing for years and years, but never really did anything about it. Then my sister got her first show dog, and I have been going with her to shows (As a kind of handlers handler lol) and I was bitten harder by the show bug lol Dean is a west German show line, so I am not sure how he will do in AKC, but it will be good fun for us both I think, even if we don't ever win.
We live a couple blocks from Lake Superior here in the U.P, and we have a few dock diving events within a few hours driving distance (Rare for the U.P lol)

Well, anyways I look forward to meeting all of you and learning from you :smile2:

Reactions: Mei

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I thought I would share a photo of my little Deaner Bean, resting in the truck, after our walk. We hitched a ride with my mom down town, and spent an hour at the lake. He was pretty tired, and decided to curl up in my mom seat while we waited.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Welcome! He is adorable. When will you be naming a pet Sam?

Reactions: Datura

·
Super Moderator
5,179 Posts
Oh High. I have family from the U.P. but haven't been up there in ages. Welcome.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Oh I'm jealous. We love the UP and especially Lake Superior. We try to go up 3 or 4 times a year. We were just up in June. Our girls love swimming in the lake. Your little one is so cute and looks a little ornery.?

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you everyone.
I am not sure when I will be adding a Sam, but we do need one to make up the whole Team Free Will lol
I love it here in the U.P. There are so many hiking and other fun outdoor activities to do here, even if we have to give up the conveniences of larger cities, it's worth it.
He is a super happy pup, but is also very sassy lol But I hear that is the norm for GSD puppies lol He just started teething too, so he is extra sassy lately.
Here he is his first time at the sandy beach. We've gone a couple times since, but I keep forgetting his long line, and it's really hard to get a decent photo while you are hanging on to the leash as he is zooming about, and trying to hold the camera still lol

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HAHA That I do.
I freaking love Bobby.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
He's adorable! Welcome and have fun with him!! We have a West German line as well and she is SO good!

Post lots of pictures!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you.
I do love to take a ton of pictures of him lol He doesn't sit very still yet, but if my bulldog can be taught to sit still for photos I have faith he can too lol
He is crazy good. I am impressed with how good he is already. I am just waiting for the little demon dog to come out lol I can tell him no from across the room, and 8 out of 10 times he listens lol I'm not used to a pup listening so well lol

Attachments

Reactions: car2ner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts