German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone! My name is Katie and I'm a proud owner of 2 GSDs. I used to come on to this site all the time. I had a previous German Shepherd with a heart murmur. We were out walking one day and he had a heart attack. I gave him CPR and he came around and then died. It was a horrible experience because it just looked like he was in so much pain. Well, a couple of weeks later I couldn't handle being alone in an apartment anymore so I did my research and went out and bought another one. 2 weeks after I got my pup I was searching around on Craigslist and got another GSD. The lady had a rare type of cancer and couldn't take care of him anymore. She also didn't take very good care of him because she had his tail docked because she never spent any time with him so he basically chewed his tail off. He is a registered boy with the AKC and has some excellent Belgian and German lines. Some of his descendants hold titles in Schutzhund. It's pretty cool. I'm working now with both of my dogs with a dog trainer. She used to work with Caesar Milan and she's nothing short of AMAZING and AWESOME! She doesn't use words to train and it just puts me in awe when she trains. Yesterday I took the oldest, Apollo to her because he is dog aggressive. Within 20 minutes he was walking along side her bloodhound. Riley, my youngest though, he's a stubborn fellow but his training is coming along beautifully. Okay, well I'm done rambling but I'm happy I'm becoming a part of this forum again.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hi, Katie and welcome! I'm new too. Sounds like you've got some pretty good dogs there who are getting what they need to be the best dogs they can. Nice to "meet" you!

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Welcome. Sounds like you've been through a lot.

Just so you know though, a lot of people don't like cesar milan or followers and probably won't be awed by your trainer. To each his own, though. ;)

and btw, we need to see pictures of your pups!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
welcome to the board. sorry about your previous GSD. That cant have been easy but you were at least there with him. Thank you for taking in your docked boy. Sounds like you're doing a great job!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I'm not a fan of Ceaser myself but she is great. Besides, I don't expect people to be awed when they haven't met someone.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Welcome heagler!
And I'm sorry for your previous gsd tho :(
Glad you were able to take care of the boy.

How old are both of them?:)

I would like to see some pictures and im pretty sure that the board would too!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Riley is 7 months and Apollo is 1 year 3 months. I am just getting ready to take them outside for a walk and to take some pictures. I will get some up as soon as I can!

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Welcome!! Sorry about you loss and hope you are having fun with your pup and the dog you were kind enough to give a second chance to!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Welcome. That's awful about your boy. It sounds like you are on the road to recovering with your new two! Glad you are giving a good home to Apollo.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Welcome back to the forum!! We would all like to see pics please!!!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Welcome! I'm so sorry for your loss. But I'm happy for you now and can't wait to see pictures.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Welcome back. (Seems weird to say coming from me a newbie) Sorry for your loss. Sounds like you have another great friend and companion. Best of luck to you both!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts