German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2 yr female GSD I’d like to give to a Veteran in need. She is better with men and should be the only dog in home. Her name is Charlie, she is a great girl. However, my mother passed away recently and I inherited her 3 small dogs and they don’t get along. I prefer a veteran since I am a military brat. My father served over 20 yrs in the U.S. Army, my older brother is also a Veteran who served 8 yrs. Currently, I have a brother serving in the Army as well, that flies Apaches and is stationed in Germany. I live in Houston, Texas and am willing to travel, if needed. Email me at [email protected] VETERANS ONLY, no civilians sorry. Must show proof of service. God Bless.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just want to give something back to those who may need a therapy dog. Although if no one is interested, I’d really like her to be a great home if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
She's a cutie but I think a therapy dog needs to be bullet proof with people and other animals.

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
You might try reaching out to your local VFW post. Those places tend to have older vets who might be looking for a companion dog.

Just screen carefully please -- I've placed several rescue dogs with veterans through a partnership with Companions for Heroes, and while I love the placements we've done, we have sometimes had to say "no." Not every veteran who needs a dog is in a position to take care of one (money, health issues, housing issues, etc. can all sometimes make it impossible to provide good care, no matter how well meaning a person is). It's up to you to make sure this dog ends up somewhere really good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts