German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its great to finally be a part of this great GSD community!

My wife and I have a 4 y.o. female GSD "Roxy" and a 2 y.o. male Great Dane "Mason." We have been living in South Florida now for 2 years...we moved down from Pennsylvania. It was a big change especially for our Roxy as she was accustomed to all the property we had. Now we have much less space but the weather is so much nicer!

Roxy is a wonderful dog but does have a few issues. Her biggest issue now is EPI (pancreatic insufficiency) but she also has a small issue with her thyroid and she is allergic to a few things down here in Florida. She does have an anxiety condition but this has mostly subsided now. Regardless, she is very much loved and a big part of the family.

Thanks for the warm welcome and we are looking forward to learning so much about - and from - everyone here on the GS.com forum!

Regards,

Robert

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hey a Florida person like me!
Welcome to the GSD site... I love it...
I have a GSD/Husky mix. She is 9 weeks old and her name is Kola. I live about an hour North of Tampa, Florida. We are planning to move to South Florida this fall as soon as we find an apartment.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Welcome! We're South Florida too. A friend got her English Bulldog over severe allergies by putting some local honey in his food. Dog is MUCH better and no more shots. She found a local vendor for it.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
welcome to the forum.,,,and for you guys having nice weather, we dont' want to hear about it:)))

·
Registered
441 Posts
Welcome from Central FL....

Sorry Jakoda...but today was beautiful.....sitting st the dog park while Aspen played with his friends. ...I bet you'll be happy to rub in weather like this when it's 100 degrees and 100% humidity in the summer down here ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for all the "warm" welcomes...hehe..80 degrees here today:D

Sunstreaked...we will try some honey..there is alot of local honey here.

Good luck on your move Kola!

Thanks again everyone:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts