German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

I know I already introduced myself a few months ago when I first joined the forum, but I wanted to take the opportunity to also introduce my second-favorite lady in my life (second only to my wife), Freya vom Haus Morrisson!

On the way home!

Branch Manager in Training

Honestly, I didn't know, even after lurking on the forums for months, that having a puppy could be so satisfying, and yet so much work! My wife and I slept in shifts for the first few nights until Freya got settled in, but crate training has been going wonderfully, and she's gradually learning how to walk nicely on a leash.

In case anyone's curious, we've been feeding her Taste of the Wild from a few bags that the breeder sent us home with, but we're working on gradually changing her over to Blue Buffalo Wilderness. Once she's done getting her vaccinations (getting distemper and bordatella this Friday!) we'll start puppy classes. Fortunately, two families in our neighborhood have GSDs as well - one 5 months old and the other about 3-4 months - so we may have a walking pack in the future once everyone's gotten their shots and gained a little confidence.

I'm really impressed with how confident and yet clingy she is, even though we just got her May 17th. She's already figured out where her potty spot is in the front yard, sits before she gets fed, and loves exploring the yard, but also falls asleep on our feet and follows us from room to room.

Anyway, just saying Hi again and introducing our new family member. Hopefully this didn't go over the character limit...

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
welcome Freya!

And welcome back! She's adorable.

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Hello Freya. She is a cutie. Cant wait to hear about all your adventures and of course pictures of your cute little girl.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I'm laughing so hard at the picture with the stick. In a year it will be a log :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
That is such a gorgeous pup! I love the look of black sable GSDs who have golden undercolors instead of the more common brown or red.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts