German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 40 of 642 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts
Re: Height chart

Quote:I'll post again at 5mos. I was tired & he was not, so it was a fast measurement that might be short 1/2-1". Spanky, the AmerBulldog, is 23.5". At times he looks almost as tall, BUT she neverEverEVER stands 'short' whereas he routinely moves up & down but is rarely, if ever, 'on his toes' ie squeezing out that last mm of height.
RubyTuesday? Are you adding dogs to this that aren't GSD? I thought this was trying to get a database together with just GSD's to try to help with this specific breed.

·
Registered
7,782 Posts

Originally Posted By: MaggieRoseLee
Quote:I'll post again at 5mos. I was tired & he was not, so it was a fast measurement that might be short 1/2-1". Spanky, the AmerBulldog, is 23.5". At times he looks almost as tall, BUT she neverEverEVER stands 'short' whereas he routinely moves up & down but is rarely, if ever, 'on his toes' ie squeezing out that last mm of height.
RubyTuesday? Are you adding dogs to this that aren't GSD? I thought this was trying to get a database together with just GSD's to try to help with this specific breed.
I could be wrong, but my impression is that Spanky the AB was justbeing used as a comparrison to the other pup. Saying that Spanky is 23.5" and that at times Spanky and the other pup look almost the same height.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts

Black GSD, you got it exactly right. I only measured Spanky, the AB, as a rough double check on the measurement I got for Djibouti. I didn't intend Spanky's measurements to be included in the data. Djibouti is a pb GSD.

MaggieRoseLee, my apologies for the confusion. If you want to delete/edit the confounding post, please do so. I didn't realize my comparison would be misconstrued. I thought the mention of Spanky's breed, & the lack of age/weight info, would clarify that her measurement wasn't intended for inclusion with the strictly GSD data.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

Don't worry, I understand what you wanted to say. But I haven't added your pup yet, because I need something more precise to be added at the chart for it to be as accurate as possible, even whan, as I said before this is nothing scientific at all.

·
Registered
166 Posts

Ok here goes... Finally!

Em, female, 10 weeks, 13 inches.

Hope that sounds about right... she would not stay still for me!

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

Added. Once again, thanks to everybody forparticipating on this proyect. We have now the eights of 11 male pups and 3 female pups.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts

KC who is 16 weeks is 30 lbs and 18 inches.
Mace and Rex are 11 weeks.
Mace is 16.5 lbs and 14 inches.
Rex is 16 lbs and 13.5 inches.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

Name of the pup Chevy-
Age 5 months, 5 days
Height 21½ inches
Weight 45.3 lbs.
Gender male

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

You are all great!

At the end of the month I'll post what we have so far.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts

Sheikh Djibouti-male
4mos 2wks 2da
43.1 lbs
22 in

Above info confirmed. My apologies for not posting sooner.

Updated info
Sheikh Djibouti-male
5mos 2da
51.5 lbs
23.5 in

·
Registered
4,588 Posts

Ava is my newest pup and was a rescue. Her exact date of birth was not known but I estimated. She is a little bit underweight right now as well.

Name: Ava
Height: 19 inches
Weight: 35 pounds

·
Registered
1,314 Posts

Apollo - West German Show Line

5 Months 8 days

24 inches

54 pounds

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

Sorry for the delay. I had my laptop brocken a few days, but they are added now.

21 - 40 of 642 Posts