German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very proud of the progress my boy is making, we go Wednesday night for his 8th training session.

Rocky is still wearing a prong and he still has a long line attached to it, but we are going for walks with the leash draped over my shoulders and my hands free. His trainer knows that I am anxious about Rocky being totally off leash just yet and I think this is his way of letting us work toward this goal. Rocky is doing very well! He is staying right beside me despite seeing an occasional person walking or riding a bike or dog across the street or squirrel or rabbit with a death wish. I am extremely vigilant and aware and the leash is dangling right by my arm so I can grab it anytime I need to. When I stop walking, Rocky is starting to sit now without me even saying anything.

We are far from perfect. Rocky still forgets and tries to mark and when he sits he still has a tendency to want to swing out a little bit rather than sitting right beside me. From time to time, I get tangled up in the leash or stumble over my own feet. But we are becoming a team, he and I.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Very proud of the progress my boy is making, we go Wednesday night for his 8th training session.

Rocky is still wearing a prong and he still has a long line attached to it, but we are going for walks with the leash draped over my shoulders and my hands free. His trainer knows that I am anxious about Rocky being totally off leash just yet and I think this is his way of letting us work toward this goal. Rocky is doing very well! He is staying right beside me despite seeing an occasional person walking or riding a bike or dog across the street or squirrel or rabbit with a death wish. I am extremely vigilant and aware and the leash is dangling right by my arm so I can grab it anytime I need to. When I stop walking, Rocky is starting to sit now without me even saying anything.

We are far from perfect. Rocky still forgets and tries to mark and when he sits he still has a tendency to want to swing out a little bit rather than sitting right beside me. From time to time, I get tangled up in the leash or stumble over my own feet. But we are becoming a team, he and I.

Newlie, I am so proud of you and the Rock! Awesome.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Congrats! This sounds like great progress! It's so nice to gain confidence and trust in your dog. Before long I'm sure he will be off leash! How old is Rocky?

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats! This sounds like great progress! It's so nice to gain confidence and trust in your dog. Before long I'm sure he will be off leash! How old is Rocky?
Thank you! He is three tears old and I have had him for about three months.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts