German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I've lived in my home for 18 years, it's had 3 GSD's, 1st on arrived at about 2 years old, 2nd spent his life here since 10 weeks old. I live in a home that is at least 2 feet off the ground at its lowest point, has wooden planks as floors and carpeting and insulation. When my 5 and a half month old walks I can hear him coming 2 rooms away. It's kind of cluck, clunk, clunk and there he is. I remember my last few GSDs being more stealthy, anyone have this happen? If so why?

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
LOL he's a puppy, he isn't sure what his feet are doing. My 90lb beast of a DDR all the noise I hear from him is a slight jingle of his tags. Venus? You'd think there's a herd of wildebeest in the house. Wait there are, some people call them children...

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
That's cute :) Gunther trips over his own feet from time to time. I'm worried he's going to break something one day. It's cute when they are in the phase where they are learning how to manage their own bulk and weight. Gunther used to hit his head on the underside of the coffee table every single time he got off of the couch. Sometimes when he shakes his toy he bonks his head into the piano or wall. I worry a little less each day.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Lol! Zoe walks quietly but drops to the floor like dead weight. Sometimes I'm scared she will hurt herself she drops so hard.

Lol..my bandit does the same thing. Should have named him plopper.
Our boy too! Instead of teaching the command "down", maybe we should use "plop" because that is exactly what he does.

As for the heavy walking...I always know when our 5 month sneaks upstairs because he stomps louder than the kids!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Our boy too! Instead of teaching the command "down", maybe we should use "plop" because that is exactly what he does.

As for the heavy walking...I always know when our 5 month sneaks upstairs because he stomps louder than the kids!
I'm glad Fawn isn't the only pup who plops! When I ask her for a "down" she throws herself on the floor like she's hitting the deck. :D

·
Registered
706 Posts
LOL!!! These responses are hilarious!

My pup is the same though... He throws himself to the ground with a PLOP! He's pretty quiet but if he's playing or romping around, it's like a herd of elephants! :eek::wild:

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
...I've lived in my home for 18 years, it's had 3 GSD's, 1st on arrived at about 2 years old, 2nd spent his life here since 10 weeks old. I live in a home that is at least 2 feet off the ground at its lowest point, has wooden planks as floors and carpeting and insulation. When my 5 and a half month old walks I can hear him coming 2 rooms away. It's kind of cluck, clunk, clunk and there he is. I remember my last few GSDs being more stealthy, anyone have this happen? If so why?

I realize this every time Cruz steps on my foot.:cry:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts