German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We started our 7 month 80lb gsd on his heart worm medicine a week ago. He is on sentinel. He spends most of his time with his dad at work in the woods. He loves playing in mud puddles and swimming in the pond. He definitely does ingest some of the water bc he is a dog! He started to become more lazy since last Thursday( 1 day after starting meds). We just thought he was getting used to the warmer weather. He has had very soft stools since Sunday and has vomited twice. When he is awake he acts normal. The vet said that he could have worms???? Side affects of sentinel are some of his symptoms. Now I'm confused. We r taking a stool sample to the vet tomorrow to find out if it is worms but I am wondering if this has happened to anyone else? Thanks a bunch for any in put!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
if he is ingesting pond water, I would put my money on that being the issue vs the sentinel altho of course the sentinel could be the cause.

I would have the vet run a giardia test on the fecal as well. Pond water contains alot of nasty stuff. Run your fecal and go from there

1 - 2 of 2 Posts