German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Anyone get the email about insurance raising?

Every year, they bump up my insurance... I went from 45 to 53, and now going from 53 to 63. I've had them for two years...

What's going on here? Those are some big jumps. Is this normal with this company?

Whenever I call and ask them, I get the generic costs are going up, so we're going up too answer. I doubt the veterinarian costs are going up 20 percent a year lol.

Just wanted to ask everyone's experience with them.

·
Registered
31,110 Posts
It quite often has to do with how often it's used in your region. Just like our medical insurance.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It quite often has to do with how often it's used in your region. Just like our medical insurance.
I don't think my medical insurance has jumped 40% in the last 2 years. Or anywhere else in the country for that matter lol.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
How old is your dog? HP did very modest increases until mine were over the age of 7-8....then the increases became much more significant (which makes sense, as that's when the really big bills start to accumulate in most dogs).

·
Registered
31,110 Posts
I don't think my medical insurance has jumped 40% in the last 2 years. Or anywhere else in the country for that matter lol.
12-15% increases for BCBS. Rates go up every year based on usage. Our company had a massive increase. So much so that they had to change coverage on policies and raise deductibles to keep it affordable. So yes - everywhere in the country.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Healthy Paws rate for our 7 1/2 year old bitch is currently $61.25 per month......it was $52.50 back on 10/2018......$250 deductible per year.

Never used it yet.......

SuperG

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
When I signed up with Petplan years ago, I totally expected a reasonable increase in premiums. What I didn't expect was that our policy would become totally useless, so I cancelled it in January. Let's hope that won't be the case with Healthy Paws!

·
Registered
923 Posts
When I signed up with Petplan years ago, I totally expected a reasonable increase in premiums. What I didn't expect was that our policy would become totally useless, so I cancelled it in January. Let's hope that won't be the case with Healthy Paws!
What do you pay now since you switched?

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
What do you pay now since you switched?
I didn't switch, just cancelled our PetPlan policy.

Nikki is 10 years old and has chronic health issues so switching wasn't an option for us.

I was just saying that I hope Healthy Paws won't pull the same stunt as PetPlan and people are left without insurance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts