German Shepherds Forum banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
I have been doing some research regarding pet insurance after reading some threads here that convinced me it was worth considering. I've noticed that many people on here have Healthy Paws and seem to be happy with it overall, so I looked into getting a policy, but found out they're currently unable to sell insurance in the state of Washington (where the company is based). I found that the state of Washington did an investigation into the company and fined HP because the two insurance companies that actually underwrites the policies were overcharging consumers. Here and here are links to the articles about this.
Washington State fined Trupanion too:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Washington State fined Trupanion too:
Pet Plan

I just wanted to update this and warn people not to buy Pet Plan. Since a new underwriter took over a few years ago they are ridiculously priced. The price increases from year to year are obnoxious and unfair. They also do not let you adjust your plan once a claim is filed in that given year. All new changes that make them a company not to buy.

If anyone like myself has a dog with pre existing conditions you are stuck. I had a 40% increase for 2017 and now another 40% for 2018. I am just carrying this now as a catastrophic plan only. Healthy paws is $63 and Petplan is $175 a month for the same plan.
Do you still standby healthy paws? I see you recommended it and you seem to know your stuff from others speaking about insurances. I am currently browsing for my 16 week old GSD.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Do you still standby healthy paws? I see you recommended it and you seem to know your stuff from others speaking about insurances. I am currently browsing for my 16 week old GSD.
Yes and also based on prices in my area. They are by far the cheapest. Luckily I have not had large claims. A few small ones only

81 - 84 of 84 Posts