German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
My girl turns 7 in august. I'm still waiting
Seriously, she was about 18 months old before her head looked in proportion to her tall ears.

·
Registered
125 Posts
My pup's ears were in proportion from the moment he raised them. They'll probably be too small by the time he stops growing!

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Depends on the pup and the size of the ears.

Some have HUGE ears and NEVER "grow into them".

This is a Czech male I had:

In the first picture he had just turned 3 months old. His ears look HUGE!!!

In this picture he had just turned 10 months old ans his ears already "fit" the size of his head.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally Posted By: BlackGSDDepends on the pup and the size of the ears.

Some have HUGE ears and NEVER "grow into them".

This is a Czech male I had:

In the first picture he had just turned 3 months old. His ears look HUGE!!!

priceless

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
2 1/2 years.....still waiting
When people see Gracie the first thing they say is "wow, look at those ears" and then "aw, she's pretty".

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Originally Posted By: JenM662 1/2 years.....still waiting
When people see Gracie the first thing they say is "wow, look at those ears" and then "aw, she's pretty".
Yep, still waiting for Ghost to grow into his ears as well...don't think it's ever going to happen

Kris

·
Super Moderator
32,283 Posts
Cassidy had big ol' bat ears that she never totally grew into, and Sneaker seemed to have been born with full sized adult ears, but both Dena & Keefer had little puppy ears. I was kind of disappointed because I LOVE that giant eared puppy look! I was afraid their ears would always stay small, but they grew right along with the rest of them, so they were always pretty proportional. They had tree trunks for legs though, THAT took a while to grow into.

Dena's dainty little ears

Keefer's

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
Originally Posted By: Cassidys MomCassidy had big ol' bat ears that she never totally grew into, and Sneaker seemed to have been born with full sized adult ears, but both Dena & Keefer had little puppy ears. I was kind of disappointed because I LOVE that giant eared puppy look! I was afraid their ears would always stay small, but they grew right along with the rest of them, so they were always pretty proportional. They had tree trunks for legs though, THAT took a while to grow into.
To funny!
I thought the same thing when Kelso came along, he always had ears that pretty much stood up and were little. I was so looking forward to taking pictures of all the crazy gsd ear stages! But we didnt have any. But Meeka had some big ears, that she never really grew into as well, while Kelso had more of the lil ear-tree trunk leg look!!

So they are all just different! Which makes them all the more fun to watch grow

Meeka trying to fly with her ears

Kelso, smaller ears

·
Super Moderator
32,283 Posts
Steph, exactly! Kelso's ears look just like D & K's at that age! And here's Cassidy at 2-1/2 years old - she STILL had the big ears!

Sneaker's ears came to a point at the top of her head, and sometimes even crossed at the tips. We called her our little conehead.

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
yup, ya gotta love those big ears, which is why i was kinda bummed that we didnt have any "conehead"
crazy ear stuff with Kelso. But I guess I never really had to worry about them coming up either! Allie has big ears (just look to the left..haha!!) but we didnt have her as a small pup

That is a beautiful picture of Cassidy and your cats

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
i'm thinking around 8 months the head and ears started to look like they belonged together. i think my dogs tongue is to short. it doesn't hang out of his mouth. you know the Sheps have those long droopy tongues.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts