German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People often ask how old Nash is, I tell them about 2-3 years old since I don't know for sure. Almost all of them always say he is small? He is 25 inches tall almost exactly (maybe slightly over, hard to measure him cause he doesn't hold still) and I weighed him today and he weighed 77 pounds. Hes not to small, and not to big either!

·
Registered
27,270 Posts
Sounds like he is juuuust right!
People are use to seeing the Am pet lines which are huge compared to working lines. I get the too big comment when Onyx is out and about...That or "your dog is sooo skinny".

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I here that with my female too and she's over standard. Not sure about her height but she weighs 90 lbs. and her ribs are noticeable,lol I get urged to feed her more all the time but she's not even a year yet and will fill in with time. Unless he is rail think he sounds just right to me. I think your average person thinks GSD's are supposed to be 110 miniature ponies and don't get 60-80 lbs. is the norm:)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah people always tell me to feed him more as well, but he is just fine how he is. He has a lanky build anyways and looks fat with even just a bit more weight on him. I actually wouldn't mind if he was a little bit smaller dog, easier to cart around when they are smaller. Him and Lloyd barely fit in my car together, lol. Julie says it looks like I am unloading a clown car when we all get out. Now Lloyd I actually do keep a little to thin as my vet thinks he is more likely to have knee problems (don't know why though, they x-rayed good, something when she manipulates them). Yet no one ever mentions him being to thin.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
He's not small his ribs look like my Zoe's- you can see then but he's not gaunt looking. Honestly when your out walking haven't you noticed most dogs are on the chunky side? Dogs are supposed to have a waist just like people not look like meatballs with tails;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts