German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My big boy Hank is 10 months old (100lbs last week, not overweight he's quite lanky) his back legs have always looked a little disporportionately long, but hes recently started limping. About a month ago he came in not wanting to put weight on his right front paw, I thought he'd injured it somehow. Then two weeks ago it switched to his left rear leg and now switched to his right. He's been quite a bit less active lately too laying around alot. At first I thought pano, but today while playing I noticed he was bunny hopping a bit and when he read running fast he uses both rear legs together (this is the first I've noticed this) I'm terrified that he might have HD! I plan to have him xrayed soon, both his parents had been xrayed and have excellent hips..... I'm not too familiar with this as my 2 previous gsd didn't have hip issues until they were seniors.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I'm no expert, but reading about pano vs HD, it pretty much seems if the pain moves from leg to leg it's pano. HD doesn't. Of course it never hurts to have a vet X-ray.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts