German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 4.5 month old pup hazels ears were up and recently one flopped back down, at first I thought it was just part of teething. Today I noticed some red areas inside the ear, and the ear has a crease, there are no other dogs playing rough or tugging on them, my only other guess is that maybe she had them against the kennel , are the chances of that ear going back up done, or will everything be fine.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I'd have those red areas looked at by a Vet if it were me! I always keep vetricin handy too, to treat inflamed areas or abrasions with immediately. Most feed stores carry it.

Oh yeah, and Welcome!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for he reply Had her checked by the vet turns out the red spots are just irritation . Nothing major or crazy attached are pictures from the time she was about 3 months to now. Are these normal stages of the ear? Does it seem as if they will come back up?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Totally normal. They will go back up, especially because they have already been up. When they teeth it's common for the ears to drop. I literally watched my puppies ear fall right in front of me. His ears stopped going all over when he was 6 months. Give her safe things to chew up to help those ears. She's very cute and I love her name!

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
She's a cuty! Glad to hear the ear is fine, take lots and lots of pictures now, those ears will be up for good before you know it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys! Invested in some bully sticks as well as knuckle bones for her to chew on, also got some plain yogurt to add to her food heard it’s great for them, just gonna avoid touching them and let nature do it’s thing!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts