German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He is in surgery now. Thankfully there was no torsion and he should come through okay.

He did not have many of the "classic" signs but he had enough that we were very concerned and called the vet. He came in about 9 PM and examined and xrayed Havoc, called a tech in and got him into surgery.

Reminder----- keep Gas x on hand, it may have saved my dog today.

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
Thats scary, good thing you noticed it without the signs, hope all goes well with the surgery and Havoc recovers quickly.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
OMG...I'm so glad you got him in on time. Many prayers for you and Havoc.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Wow, glad you caught it in time! Scary stuff. Keeping Havoc in my thoughts :)

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Oh no! Hope he is ok!!! Sending lots of positive thoughts your way!!

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Hope everything goes good. What did you see that made you suspect bloat?

·
Super Moderator
32,370 Posts
OMG, I just got home and saw the thread title and my heart sank. I'm so glad you knew what to do and got him in right away and that everything looks good so far. :hugs:

·
Registered
9,783 Posts
OMG, I just got home and saw the thread title and my heart sank. I'm so glad you knew what to do and got him in right away and that everything looks good so far. :hugs:
Me, too.

Checking in from overseas.

This is so scary. Hope he comes through OK.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Bloat is so scary! I too hope he comes out okay. I too am curious what made you suspect the bloat. I had a bloat scare with my boy, he was swelling (just ate too much and was gassy thankfully) but he wasn't doing the "hanging his head and arching his back in pain".

·
Registered
424 Posts
bloat has always terrified me. especially that I wouldn't catch it in time..I, too, would like to hear about what happened/what prompted you to take him to the vet. I said a prayer for you..hope he heals quickly!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
very glad you got him in time, what were the symptoms?, all our paws are crossed for a speedy recovery

·
Registered
2,084 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
Wow glad you got it in time.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
so scarey! glad hewill be ok !

1 - 20 of 58 Posts