German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know why. I think it has something to do with the fact that I'm headed home in a couple of weeks for a wedding for my best friend who may as well be my sister. Home where my Zena girl is. It was hard enough leaving her with my inlaws back in March but I did because she'd not only just had surgery and i trust the vet there who did the surgery on her poor ears but I left her there because it was safer for her health at the time due to the lower humidity and therefore lower chance of her ear infections returning faster and harder before we were able to catch them.

I dont feel safe. Yeah, i have Shelby, Shasta and Riley but Zena is my heart dog, my protector. I KNOW she would NEVER let anyone or anything past her to myself or my kids. She is my tank of a dog. Shelby is useless. She's a chicken in shepherd clothing. Shasta is a puppy so i cant and dont expect anything from her except that "who the heck are you and did mom invite you in?" look from her. Riley would welcome a murderer with open paws if it meant he'd get a belly rub or bubbles blown for him. I miss my dog. I'm afraid that going home, i'll have a harder time leaving her there again. I mean i already told my father in law she was his but its still so hard! She is MY dog.

My 3 year old daughter asked me yesterday, ON CHRISTMAS, when Zena was coming home. She's been asking me since March when we decided it was better for her to stay there while she was recovering from surgery. I know my inlaws. I know she's not getting exercise or training and she's getting away with whatever she wants. And with Zena, i KNOW that is going to lead to trouble. When hubby calls home, he askes to make sure she's okay. Always a good report but still. I dont know how i'm going to handle going home. My inlaws house is the only place we can stay with the dogs. Plus they have the space.

I miss my girl.

I know I shouldnt compare but Shasta has some pretty big paws to fill.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
She LOVES my kids.

Zena and my daughter

Zena and my son

Zena and my daughter again

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
i know it's hard on you but you had to leave your dog.
you did what's best for the dog.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know it's hard on you but you had to leave your dog.
you did what's best for the dog.

i know and i know my inlaws are spoiling her just maybe not in the best sense but she hasnt had another ear infection this last year and she LOVES the snow so much so when it snows back home she's able to romp around until she cant anymore. Though i worry about her hips too as they're not so good. I at least get to see her so i'm excited about that. i fully intend on taking TONS of pictures. Especially if i can get Shasta to hold still next to her.

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
Will she ever get to come back and live with you? Is the deal with her in-laws a temporary thing until she heals or is it permanent?

You deserve to feel safe. Maybe you should invest in an alarm system?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts