German Shepherds Forum banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Our girl is 1/2 Mali and she has the same coloring. I saw a chart once on the different color combos for GSDs and the closest we've come to a determination on Suki's coloring is 'Blonde' GSD. Her father was a sable, mom was a Mali.
All beautiful dogs! I love the picture of your girl with his head on the pillow!

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I'd be interested in the pedigree . To my eye this dog looks more malinois than it does GSD. Structure , shoulder , and head .
I 100% agree. I would bet anything there is malinois in there

·
Registered
3 Posts
Came across this thread on Google, looking for images of GSDs in similar color to my boy Fritz. Fritz was listed as GSD mix at the shelter (adopted him a week ago) but I can't think what else he could be mixed with despite the golden coloring. He's currently about 75lbs and could still serve to gain a few more pounds I think...still a bit skinny around his ribs

Don't mind the bandages, he bolted after a heard of Elk this morning, he got a couple cuts on his feet running thru the woods probably stepped on a sharp rock or stick .thankful he came back though.

Attachments

·
Registered
852 Posts
Hmm to me he doesn't quite look like the dogs KZoppa shared. Those dogs look like saddle-less shepherds not sables. Maybe you guy is a faded liver sable? But it is interesting to me that he would still have black on his face and tail. He is beautiful :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well I looked at a bunch of pictures of malinois and has me thinking that might be what he is. I had never even heard of that breed until today... If you showed me a picture of one before today I would have called it a gsd, they do appear similar to the untrained eye.
Fritzs facial shape is a bit different to most of the ones in seeing pictures of, but his coloring is pretty spot on to many im seeing pix of ... And he does have a ton of energy.

I'm mostly just curious what he is for curiosities sake... No matter what he is he's a great dog. Needs a bit of training, but I can tell he is smart. Very affectionate and friendly. High energy and extreme prey drive though! (as evidenced by taking off after the heard of elk this morning)

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
I don't see malinois in him. I see maybe a bully breed. The shape of his head is square and his ear set is off.

He sure is handsome!!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Looks like my childhood dog Thunder. Handsome. He was a Boxer/Shepherd Mix. Tan with medium short fur, right front paw was white, white star on his chest, light black mask. Followed me everywhere. Lived over 15 years. Oh my...the memories. RIP Thunder.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I don't see malinois in him. I see maybe a bully breed. The shape of his head is square and his ear set is off.

He sure is handsome!!
I was thinking the same thing...some sort of bully. Working with shelter dogs, I've seen some GSD x bully mixes similar to this guy. He is a handsome pup regardless though!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I couldn't get the pictures from the original post, but this is Max he is half GSD half Mal. There are more and more Mals running around and subsequently more mixs. I have seen full blood GSD''s with washed out tan coats as well, they are considered a flaw, some breeders tout as a rare color. The guy who created the breed said a good dog can't be a bad color, or something to that effect. There are a lot of breeders crossing the breeds trying to get the best out of both, that's another post though.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 64 Posts