German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could not find Hannah's original urgent tread. I wanted to do a update on Hannah. Some here I am sure remembers Hannah.
Hannah is having some health issues right now. I wanted to do this update to ask everyone to please pray for her. I love her so much and I am asking everyone I know to take just a minute to say a little prayer for her.
Two weeks ago today, I found a dark spot right inside of her left ear. I took her to the vet the next day and they removed it. This turned out to be what is called a benign Melanoma. I just was not satisfied leaving it as just this. I brought her to UGA to have her checked over really well. They found to BB sized mammary nodules. Tomorrow Hannah is having surgery to remove these along with removal of more of her ear to make sure they got all of the Melanoma.
I am hoping so the mammary nodules will be benign. I will know the pathology results on Friday and will update you on how she is doing.
Thank you so much in advance for prayers for Hannah. I will put her old urgent photo below along with a current one.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
God Bless you Hannah, stay healthy, prayers going your way from NH.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
I hope everything turns out alright. You did a great job with Hannah. The difference between two pics is night and day!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Prayers from CT as well.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
I remember her very well. She looks so much better and happier in that second picture. It's obvious that she now, finally, has a wonderful, loving home. I will say a prayer for this sweet girl that she has many more happy, healthy years ahead of her. Thank you so much for taking her in.

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
Wow!!

What a differeenc she looks awesome!!
thoughts, prayers are heading down to you from good Old Mass!
Fingers and paws are crossed everything goes OK

·
Registered
1,583 Posts

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Sorry to hear of her health concerns - sending best wishes to you both.

You have done a wonderful job with Hannah - she is obviously well looked after and loved. A truly beautiful GSD.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
wanda, the change in hannah is ASTOUNDING. wishing all good things for your dear girl. please pm me your private e-mail addy, i have something to send to you.
many blessings to you and your crew...katherine

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hannah's surgery went well. She will stay in ICU tonight so they can take care of any pain or problems she might have. I will bring her home tomorrow as well as know the path results then. Thank you to everyone for your prayers.

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
I remember this girl and her oringinal post. What an amzing transformation, she does not look like the same dog!
Prayers going out for a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a preliminary path report. The Melanoma is good. All of that is taken care of. Of the two mammary nodules removed, one of then IS cancer. I just hate this for her. I will have to wait to see if there is a next step or if we will just watch her. The other nodule was a surprise. It appears to be buckshot. She was shot at some point in her horrible life. I hate to even think about it. I will keep you posted on what is next. Thank you all again for your prayers.

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
I was told (when my dog had a suspicious lesion) that melanoma in dogs is not as bad as in humans. Hopefully the mammary lesion has been removed with good margins, they should be able to tell you that.
Prayers going your way.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Love and best wishes for a speedy recovery are coming to Hannah from Colorado - you have turned her life around so amazingly: thank you! (I do remember her shelter pic....)

Anja GSD
Conor GSD - adopted from this Board
Blue GSD - waiting at the Bridge

1 - 20 of 49 Posts