German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Long time reader first time poster. As of Monday we got our new 8 week-old Puppy Rika Chan! Any who she seems like a normal GSD puppy with the biting and Chewing. But one thing that is kind of odd is she really hates her collar. And I mean hates it. She will fiercely struggle and bite the :censored: out of my hand. Anyone else have this kind of issue. I’m going to try and desensitize her to it by getting it close to her and right before she gets all pissed off give her a treat. Also she is kind of grumbly when I pick her up and hold her is this normal?

Any Help greatly appreciated.:D

And I just want to say this site has helped loads in the last 2 days. THANKS!:thumbup:

Brian

Attachments

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
She is adorable! Maybe she just needs to get used to wearing a collar. My Chevy loves collars and my Shya would rather not wear them but once it's on, she doesn't bother with it at all and doesn't seem to mind. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh sorry should have said that once it's on its no problem... Just getting on there is the hard part.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Welcome and she is way too cute! Perhaps if you have someone holding a treat in front of her but not too close and then you can try and quickly put it on her while she is distracted? Just a thought.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts