German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do I do to make him like it every time I try to put it on him he growls and bites me. Any advice? 10 weeks old had him since 8

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
touch the collar to him and give him a treat as you do. repeat several times. Start putting the collar on him, treat, remove collar. Repeat several times. Same with leash. Praise when he's nice and good.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Also let him drag a leash or rope around the house while its attached to his collar so that he gets used to it being there and realizes its not always dragging him around or a precursor to going somewhere he doesn't like

·
Registered
61 Posts
praise him every time he lets the collar touch him..slowly put it on...hes going to act frantic once you put it on but its completly normal..just be patient..

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
fairly normal yes. Some pups have trouble accepting the collar while others take to it like a fish to water. Just depends on the pup.

·
Registered
766 Posts
what everyone else said. Penny had issues accepting the collar too. I got her when see was 14 weeks took about 2 weeks for her to accept being handled that way

1 - 7 of 7 Posts