1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
27,294 Posts
Kill shelter, not real friendly. I'll call in the morning for more info.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts

Petfinder Adoptable Dog | German Shepherd Dog | Hastings, MI | 90479

Not sure what kind of info this is, but what they have listed. :confused:
scanned, dhpp, bordtella found on Boysen and 114th st. Fleas on back and sides 64lbs

90479's Contact Info

Barry County Animal Control, Hastings, MI

he was scanned for a chip, has apparently been given shots just in case since he's in the shelter and they dont know his history. he was found in that area and has fleas. thats all they know on his. of course they weighed him. some shelters will put that info in sometimes and thats it.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he was scanned for a chip, has apparently been given shots just in case since he's in the shelter and they dont know his history. he was found in that area and has fleas. thats all they know on his. of course they weighed him. some shelters will put that info in sometimes and thats it.
Yes, got it, just so bluh & ran together, made it sound funny. :rolleyes:

Glad I posted him................. Please :help: get this pretty boy out asap. :help:

·
Registered
27,294 Posts
I pulled a dog from that place last year. They have to be spayed/neutered before leaving(pre-paid with a vet they approve) I waited 2 hours for the paperwork from the rescue I was pulling for to be faxed, and it never went to the vet that was ok'ing the pull. Then come to find out, he had been neutered before being dumped there...waste of time on their part and mine. It was so frustrating because they are not co-operatative with rescue. Though I'm sure they hear/see it all... this guy reminds me of my foster Hawkeye:(

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool boy.............. :wub:
Too bad about this shelter & working with ya. Few real good ones out there, sad. :(

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
i wish more shelters were like the Humane Society back home. I wouldnt ever second guess going and adopting a dog from them. They're very nice and helpful and they even rebuilt the facility to be more welcoming and animal friendly. they have a permanent vet on call. I think if more shelters were like that, more animals would be good. I've seen dogs in the Humane Society back home that have been there for months on end waiting for the perfect home. Some of them are even taken home by volunteers for that love and socialization and whatnot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts