German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
injured you? mine did 2weeks ago i took him to the vet for his shots,as i was called up we were walking into the exam room i had had him with my left hand well he pulled out as i was going in so i pulled on him at the same time and i felt something snap in my shoulder cuff area .well it ends up that i tore my rotator cuff on my left shoulder and now i need surgery i know it was not his fault it was a freak accident.

·
Banned
31,833 Posts
Yeah, but not that bad. Shoulders suck. Dad had a couple of surgeries on his this past year. Good luck to you. I hope you are younger than Dad and can bounce back quicker. Whatever you do, do not fall down the steps after the first surgery (like Dad did).

None of my current dogs ever deliberately injured me. But I have done some head to head contact, and with a dog's head, you will lose every time. I should have a helmet. I have fond names for each of them:

Whitney War Head; Tori Torpedo Brain; Ninja Numbskull; Milla The Mistle;

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Ouch! I tore my rotator cuff playing ball.

My dog has injured me but not like that. I have suffered more than my fair share of bruises, cuts, and puncture wounds. I have also been clunked in the chin hard enough to clack my teeth together and poked with a snout between my upper lip & my nose hard enough to make my eyes water. Oh...and the ever favorite body slam to the boob.

She is so lucky I love her! :laugh:

·
Registered
30,383 Posts
She zigged when I thought she was happy zagging and I went right over top of her. I thought I broke my foot. So there I sit in the middle of the road in front of DH's uncle's house. His cousin comes out the door and waves...yes WAVES...to me as if me sitting in the middle of the road holding my foot was an every day occurrence. I limped and cried the whole way home.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My dog took his foot and "punched" me in my nose. It really hurt. Lol, yeah I'm a wuss. It seriously felt like I had gotten pounded in the nose and my eyes had started watering.

Also we've butted heads a couple of times, which hurts like I don't know what. It's like banging my head against a giant rock. Lol.

My arms were covered in bruises when I first got him, because he would always take his feet and try to put them on my arms to lift himself up, scratches and bruises all over.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Nope but she has vomitted on me before!!!.

This happend when i picked her up from the breeder. The breeder advised me to put her on the floor of the car. But did i listen? nope i had to pick up that adorable little puppy and sat her in my lap. She took one look out the window and out came the vomit!!!. we were heading out to get some lunch too but had a change of plan after that. Called the breeder up and told him what happend and said " I warned you " LOL.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
One night I was playing with Doerak in the living room throwing the kong, he'd catch it. You know how kongs are, sometimes he'd miss and it will bounce in an odd direction, but he's driven, so he's right after it. Sometimes he'll catch it again before it hits the ground. On this night it bounces off his mouth right towards me. He goes to get it and bits my boob! Ouch, you don't know how much that hurt! I felt bad about it afterwards because I really yelled at him for that.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow thanks for all the stories i feel much better :) i'll be going under the knife next tuesday the 23rd. the only bad thing about this i'll wont be able to spend that much time with samson for like the first 2 weeks :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts