German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
We have two dogs, one is a GSD and the other is a Golden. The GR saved me numerous times, the GSD only looks threatening, but backs off. Two years ago, I was walking both of them by our place when our GR began growling (this was 5 am so I was trying to get her to cut it out). She gave me a look and backed up and out of her collar and took off. I ran after her and saw she was chasing a guy. I couldn't catch up to them, well, because our GSD was freaked out and was pulling me home. I gave up crying and ran back to our door to find our door was open. The guy was a lookout for another guy who was trying to enter our apartment. I had seen another guy running down the side hall, but i thought he was scared too. Anyway, I woke my husband up and told him to get dressed because our dog went nuts and chased a robber down. As soon we opened our door, there was our GR wagging her tail and breathless. This was one of many times she saved us. If it weren't for her, whoever entered our place had access to our baby who was fast asleep in her crib.

No matter the breed, dogs have a keen sense of danger. Our Golden Retriever has proven this many times over. She came to me matted up and thin, and bonded with us quickly. Buying a dog is easy, adopting one that can save you and the life of your child is priceless.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts