German Shepherds Forum banner

Has anyone used D-MANNOSE?

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Ares God Of War 
#1 ·
Hey I was just curious if anyone has ever used d-mannose on their dogs for UTI. I am prettu sure Karma has a uti and wanted to know when it should take affect.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#4 ·
It might cure it if it's caused by e-coli. Or it may not. Why not just take a urine sample in to verify an infection?

Why would she become immune to antibiotics? Is she on them often? In that case, the bacteria may become resistant but she won't become immune to them.

#6 ·
UTI's are painful. I'm glad your going to take a urine sample in.

I understand your concern with antibiotics. I only want them for myself and children if absolutely necessary. I had a coworker who would want them every time she sneezed.

But, she may actually need them for bacteria.

#7 ·
Yea I def will take it in. My husband doesnt think she has one, he thinks its separation anxiety. She pees in her kennel all the time its every day and she gets plenty potty breaks. I've never had a dog that's gone to the bathroom in the crate as much as she does so that's why I'm leaning towards her having a uti, as she constantly pees. And then even when we let her out she does pee sometimes its very little. But it's not dark its clear.

She doesn't seem to be in pain but then I guess you never really know.
I'd rather be safe than sorry though :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.