German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31,807 Posts
I use it for myself and can verify it works. However, is she has a UTI then get her on an antibiotic. D-Mannose does not work on all bacteria. It works on e-coli by stripping the cell wall.

·
Registered
31,807 Posts
It might cure it if it's caused by e-coli. Or it may not. Why not just take a urine sample in to verify an infection?

Why would she become immune to antibiotics? Is she on them often? In that case, the bacteria may become resistant but she won't become immune to them.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No she hasn't ever been on antibiotics. Just something I was told and just wanted to get everyones opinions on this.

I can take a sample to the vet that's not a problem. Just wanted to see if this would cure it so I wouldn't have to put her on antibiotics.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
UTI's are painful. I'm glad your going to take a urine sample in.

I understand your concern with antibiotics. I only want them for myself and children if absolutely necessary. I had a coworker who would want them every time she sneezed.

But, she may actually need them for bacteria.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I def will take it in. My husband doesnt think she has one, he thinks its separation anxiety. She pees in her kennel all the time its every day and she gets plenty potty breaks. I've never had a dog that's gone to the bathroom in the crate as much as she does so that's why I'm leaning towards her having a uti, as she constantly pees. And then even when we let her out she does pee sometimes its very little. But it's not dark its clear.

She doesn't seem to be in pain but then I guess you never really know.
I'd rather be safe than sorry though :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts