German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently they use a laser to neuter a male dog without castration. Curious to see if anyone has had any experience with this procedure. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My Vet does this! I guess it is the way to go now! Our dog has an undesended testicle...UGGG! Poor guy has to has to go under the knife. I'm not sure what they will do with the "normal" one, I assume castration at that point, But I'll keep you posted! Our vet is a friend of ours. He really does have the animals/owners best intrest at heart! Even if it means at times taking a dog home with him and setting his alarm at night for meds, instead of using a 24 hour service that some people can't afford. So I assume the laser is a humane and much easier way to go!!! I could wrong though!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Vasovasostomy is performed to reverse vasectomy. Vasectomy will make your dog sterile, vasovasostomy will reverse that. I don't see any reason in playing with your dog health like that, I think you need to decide you want to neuter him or you want an intact dog, and focus on training in either case.

·
Registered
95 Posts
UMMM..., I think it was a misunderstanding. I don't think I'd ever change my mind about a vasectomy for my dog or husband:) my vet does perform the laser sterilization though if that's what ROMY1 was refering to. I think anything that is legit and less invasive is the best way to go when dealing with our pets and their pack leaders;) My Grandfather thinks I'm nuts for wanting a sterile dog, I'm not sure why. Obviously, we have to. I feel like there are people who breed and know what they are doing and really put every effort into making healthy, well balanced, beautiful dogs. then there are people who...don't. I choose to leave breeding to the pros! I want to prevent any accidents also! I'm not sure if there is a good reason not to have my dogs fixed. any thoughts on this??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts