German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In spite of the near daily rain I have been working diligently to keep the weeds at bay in my large garden. My constant companion is the ever faithful Major (adopted because I saw him on this board!)
Yestereday I am laboring away hoeing and pulling weeds while he frolics around chasing little frogs and fetching sticks. I happen to notice that he has not been in my face for at least 3 minutes so I look around for him..I am at one end of a row of lettuce weeding and he is at the other end...eating the lettuce!! Ahhh we do make a good team!! HE is just the best!!

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
And you just can't get mad, can you? They have the most innocent face, looking up, showing the whites of their eyes, "Aw schuks mom, you were busy and I was hungry and I didn't want to bohter you......"

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of course I could not get mad! Heck this is the same guy who last year helped me with the garden stakes! I decided that was going to be the year that I really knew what each of my winter squashes really was. So I made up these very nice wooden stakes and painted the different names on them. At the end of each line of hills I pounded in my lovely stake feeling so very proud of myself and my garden accumen! As I finished and began some work with the tomato plants I hear this little yelp. This lovely sound of pure joy..this yelp of "I am all right with the world and how about you?". I turn to see him spinning around on his hind legs with one of my lovely stakes in his mouth and......the remainder of them piled neatly nearby. So very proud of himself! What could you do but laugh and resign yourself to another year of mystery squash plants!

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
LOL at least you have a companion and a good time while you are gardening. Sounds like a great way to spend a day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts