German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with harnesses that can be used for rappelling or on a Zipline? (For dogs)

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
We have the Ruffwear Doubleback Harness for rappelling. Great harness, it’s also doubled as a lift harness over tricky areas where a lift is needed.

No experience or suggestions on the zip line.

·
Registered
7,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have the Ruffwear Doubleback Harness for rappelling. Great harness, it’s also doubled as a lift harness over tricky areas where a lift is needed.

No experience or suggestions on the zip line.
That looks nice. Notice any stretch if it gets wet? I'm not planning on sending my dog down a steep mountain side Zipline, I just want to be able to cross a river. The harness you posted would probably work well for this. There are a few other places where I could lift/lower them too. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Absolutely no stretching and he’s been soaked in it several times. He’s put a lot of hiking miles in wearing this vest. It safely got him through Avalanche Pass twice in the Adirondacks, up and over various rocks, lowered down tricky areas. He’s such a good boy and trusts my husband completely.

Ruffwear has outstanding customer service and can answer questions.

Have fun!!

·
Registered
7,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Absolutely no stretching and he’s been soaked in it several times. He’s put a lot of hiking miles in wearing this vest. It safely got him through Avalanche Pass twice in the Adirondacks, up and over various rocks, lowered down tricky areas. He’s such a good boy and trusts my husband completely.

Ruffwear has outstanding customer service and can answer questions.

Have fun!!
Do you use the section for the rear legs often? It looks like it is detachable.

The Ray Allen modular LLC harness looks good too, it uses wide straps to support the dogs undercarriage. The Doubleback has something of a "cradle" which might offer more support when the dog is suspended?

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
We only use the rear leg straps when he’s going to be suspended. Otherwise they get tucked into this pocket on the harness, specifically for them. You would not keep the rear straps on otherwise it would limit mobility. At least we think it would.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts