German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took Apache out to the field today to fly my helicopter, rc that is. I tied her up to the bench on an 6 foot leash, then I had to go back to my car and she wailed. The only time weve seperated is recall exercises, and shes always the fastest runner in class. I got my heli ready and went to the flight line and she was going nuts. Then someone yelled she broke free, I turned and she ran to me full speed. I thought she broke the harness buckle?

She mustve backed out of it? I didnt think she could get out but it was still all buckled and it was pretty tight. At least she runs to me, I gotta teach her to settle while I stand away from her and ignore her while a giant heli flys around at 100 mph...

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Oh my goodness! You're lucky she ran to you! I can't tell you how many times Smokey and Zeeva have ducked backwards out of their harness. And Smokey's harness is really nice and tight; a good fit. I only use harnesses to walky dog.

Have you worked on sit, stay with incremental increases in her stay time? I think that would be ideal for this type of situation...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts